Austin shopping center welcomes the city's first North Face, plus more top stories
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From shopping malls to stunning lights in nature, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Austin shopping center welcomes the city's first North Face, plus 2 other stores. Yes, Austinites do travel to cold places, but they will likely be extra interested in the climbing and camping gear.
2. Sneak a peek at the 6 immersive, nocturnal artworks lighting up Austin's 2023 Creek Show. The banks of Waller Creek will soon be aglow with illuminated art installations by local artists and designers.
3. This is how much income an Austinite needs to afford rent in the city. Austin rent is rising, but it's still not breaking the top 30 in the country. Not that that's a great achievement.
4. Best places to view the Perseid meteor shower's peak in Central Texas and beyond. The biggest meteor shower of the year will be most visible the night of Saturday, August 12, until the early morning of Sunday, August 13.
5. Famous Austin mall unveils luxury renovations to its domain through 2025. The Domain has been Austin's luxury staple for 15 years, and now it's getting a facelift.