Austin’s short spring season has arrived, so while we embrace the comfortably sunny weather, we should really be prepping for the return of summer's scorching temps. There’s no better cure for the unbearable heat than a dip into the eternally chilly waters of some of the city's best swimming holes. And you can’t forget to snap a cute photo for your Instagram feed.
In fact, Austin's own Barton Springs was named the most Instagrammed pool in the U.S. in a new study by BonusFinder.com. They analyzed data from social media and YouTube to find the most photogenic pools all over the United States.
The study revealed that videos of Barton Springs had been viewed over 28.5 million times on TikTok and hashtagged over 15,000 times on Instagram. Their findings led to the pool’s designation as the most popular pool to photograph on Instagram, and it's fourth place ranking on their top 10 list of the most photogenic pools in America.
In total, Las Vegas hosts six of the top 10 most photogenic pools on BonusFinder’s list. Mandalay Bay Beach and The Mirage in Las Vegas were deemed the No. 1 and No. 2 most photogenic pools, and just above Barton Springs in the third place rank was The Neptune Pool at Hearst Castle in San Simeon, California. Other pools on the list were found in Glenwood Springs, Colorado (No. 6) and Atlantic City, New Jersey (No. 10).
The top 10 most photogenic pools in the United States are:
- No. 1 – Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas
- No. 2 – The Mirage in Las Vegas
- No. 3 – The Neptune Pool at Hearst Castle in San Simeon, California
- No. 4 – Barton Springs in Austin
- No. 5 – The Tank at Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas
- No. 6 – Glenwood Hot Springs in Glenwood Springs, Colorado
- No. 7 – The Backyard at Red Rock Casino in Las Vegas
- No. 8 – Stadium Swim at Circa Resort and Casino in Las Vegas
- No. 9 – Encore Beach Club at Wynn Las Vegas
- No. 10 – The Water Club at Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa in Atlantic City, New Jersey
Fintan Costello, the managing director at BonusFinder.com, said Americans are “turning their attention to where they can kick back and enjoy catching some rays by the poolside” with their spring break and upcoming summer holidays.
“Luckily, the study shows that the U.S. is blessed with some of the best and most picturesque pools in the world and there are plenty of idyllic escapes that can be found across America, without ever having to leave the country,” he explained in a statement.
Two Texas pools earned ranks outside the top 10: The Joule Dallas (No. 14) and Marriott Marquis Houston (No. 18).
The full study can be found on bonusfinder.com.