Austin restaurant shuffles top the week's most popular stories
Editor's note: Restaurant shuffles and Hollywood news lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. Austin food truck famous for tacos opens first-ever restaurant space. Valentina's Tex Mex BBQ will open its first brick-and-mortar restaurant at 11500 Manchaca Rd.
2. Remember that celebrity-filled movie filming in Austin? Here are the details. Back in 2012, some of Hollywood's biggest actors were spotted filming around Austin for an untitled project from acclaimed director Terrence Malick. Other than the stars, information about the movie was scarce, until now.
3. A crazy number of people are moving to Texas says new report. Think everyone's moving to Texas? You're right. A new report says that the Lone Star State ranked second in the nation for relocation activity in 2015.
4. Popular Austin sandwich shop quietly closes its doors. Austin's year of restaurant closures claimed one final victim before the end of 2016. Republic of Sandwich held its last day of service on December 21.
5. Of course everyone wants to be neighbors with this favorite Texas couple. Not only would most people like to have Chip and Joanna Gaines build them a white picket fence, they'd like the Fixer Upper duo to reside on the other side of that fence too. That's what Zillow found with its yearly survey of the most and least desirable celebrity neighbors.