Austin Under 40 unveiled, best beer ever, and more of the week's top stories
Editor's note: Influential Austinites and the best beer ever lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. Austin Under 40 reveals impressive list of nominees for 2016 awards. Nominees have been announced for the 18th annual Austin Under 40 Awards. Chosen for their contributions in their careers as well as their community involvement, the 75 movers and shakers represent a wide range of industries, from technology and sciences to arts, media, and entertainment.
2. Shark Tank star isn't scared of Austin City Council’s controversial actions. Dallas billionaire Mark Cuban isn't deterred by what fellow investor Mike Maples decries as the Austin City Council's "hostile" attitude toward companies like Uber, Lyft, HomeAway, and Airbnb.
3. Alamo Drafthouse and Austin Beerworks release the most Austin-y beer ever. This is arguably the most Austin-y thing to happen in a while. An Austin movie chain is teaming up with an Austin brewery to produce a beer inspired by Austin's favorite filmmaker.
4. Top Texas builders lay out all the trendy home features for 2016. The 2015 Texas real estate market went down in the books as a record-breaking year, and year-end housing construction numbers placed Texas cities among the country’s top building markets. We asked some of the top homebuilders in North Texas to take a break from their busy schedules to give us their predictions for 2016 homebuilding trends.
5. Meet the five very rich Austinites on Forbes' new list of billionaires. Who's the richest of them all? Forbes has released its 2016 list of the world's billionaires, featuring 1,810 individuals who have a combined net worth of $6.48 trillion. Among the 540 American billionaires are five very wealthy Austinites.