Influential Austin billionaire leads this week's most popular stories
Editor's note: A young Austin billionaire and highly anticipated restaurant lead this week's top stories. Read on for more of our most popular headlines.
1. Austin billionaire named one of the most influential business leaders under 40. Fortune magazine puts 39-year-old Bryan Sheffield, founder, chairman, and CEO of Austin-based oil and gas company Parsley Energy, at No. 30 on its new 40 Under 40 list. It’s Sheffield’s first time to appear on this list.
2. New downtown Austin brasserie with sunny patio sets opening date. Say bonjour to an all-star Austin restaurant group's latest endeavor. Le Politique, the anticipated French brasserie from New Waterloo (Sway, La Condesa, South Congress Hotel, and more), will open for dinner service on September 24.
3. Austin ranks as the most expensive real estate market in Texas, shows new report. As if we needed it, there’s now further proof that the Austin housing market reigns as the most expensive in Texas.
4. Innovative home store shutters Austin showroom after four months. Pirch, a retailer of high-end kitchen and bathroom appliances and fixtures, has closed its store in Austin and plans to shut down its location in Dallas.
5. Austin's largest purveyor of vintage goods debuts new home collection. The Loot gals are upping the ante by rebranding and launching a new home goods collection: Loot Finer Goods.