Links We Love
Puppy brother naptime and Martha Stewart's disgusting food photos top links we love
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Someone needs to tell Martha Stewart that her food tweets are disgusting. Martha Stewart is ridiculously talented at many things. Food photography, however, is not one of them. From unflattering lighting to oddly chosen angles, it's a far cry from food porn.
2. Mom photographs toddler and puppy brother's daily nap ritual. Life isn't easy when you're raising a toddler and a puppy — well, except for naptime. Theo, a mixed-breed puppy, was abandoned by his mother at the tender age of 7 weeks. He's formed a special bond with his human brother, Beau, with whom he takes daily naps.
3. Watch an idiot in Oklahoma get leveled by a state trooper. An unidentified man made an ill-advised trip on to the Oklahoma Sooners football field this weekend. He paid dearly for approximately 12 seconds of bliss, as a state trooper sporting a buzz cut and a latent desire to play left tackle abruptly ended the revelry.
4. NYT Minus Context takes over Twitter. It's hard being the esteemed New York Times. Everybody takes you so dang seriously, but sometimes you just want to let your hair down and tweet nonsense. The latest-and-greatest Twitter account rips real phrases from NYT articles and reposts them without the all-important context in which they were written, resulting in gems such as "stunningly good potato" and "bamboozle the menfolk."
5. KMart pushes the advertising envelope with Show Your Joe boxers commercial. Oh, Christmastime. It's all presents and cookies and family-rated activities. Until the kids go to sleep, that is. You wonder why so many babies are born in the summer and fall? This highly suggestive Joe Boxer commercial leaves little to the imagination.