Top 10 new Austin restaurants of 2016, plus more popular stories
Editor's note: Austin's best new restaurants and real estate rumblings lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. Our 10 favorite new Austin restaurants of 2016. As far as we can tell, 2016 may break the record for most restaurant openings in Austin. Here we highlight our favorite restaurants that opened this year, picked not just for their superior fare and beverages, but also for their atmosphere, service, and prices.
2. Affordable new master-planned community takes root northwest of Austin. There's a new development in progress northwest of Austin, and with it comes a renewed sense of community. Orchard Ridge, located in Liberty Hill, promises buyers great schools, affordable homes, and a community feel.
3. Top Austin shops to dress like a million bucks — without spending it. Here are six fashionable and totally Austin spots to create your one-of-a-kind style without spending a fortune.
4. This is how much a starter home will cost you in Austin. In certain areas, starter homes in particular are becoming non-existent, but in Texas, starter home prices are rising despite regular inventory levels.
5. Experts predict what's hot — and not — for home design in 2017. Does your house feature a decorative sign that lets your friends and family know that they are, in fact, "home"? If it does, 2017 might be the time to let it go.