Editor's note: Details about an artful addition to Pease Park and the future of beloved Hudson's on the Bendlead this round of top stories. Here are the week's most popular headlines.
1. See Austin's whimsical new public art installation before it all falls down. Massive sculptural installation Stickworks by world-renowned artist Patrick Dougherty is taking shape at Pease Park.
2. Surprising comeback for iconic Hill Country restaurant following abrupt shutter. Iconic Hill Country eatery Hudson's on the Bend, which closed in 2017, is getting a redo with new owners and a new name.
3. South Austin's new drive-thru taco joint gets the P. Terry's treatment. Taco Ranch, a new taco joint from the folks behind P. Terry’s Burger Stand, has opened in Oak Hill.
4. Popular East Austin Mexican restaurant closing indefinitely. Popular East Austin brunch spot Takoba suddenly closed its doors.
5. Local economist questions Austin as 'ideal fit' for Amazon headquarters. William Mellor of AngelouEconomics believes Austin will remain one of the fastest-growing cities in the country — with or without Amazon’s second headquarters.