Editor's note: New developments lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. New multimillion-dollar amphitheater unveiled for downtown Austin. Another downtown Austin park is getting a facelift. Thanks to a $15 million grant from the Moody Foundation, Waterloo Park will soon be home to an amphitheater, which will host concerts, community events, and the performing arts.
2. Whole Foods sets opening date for first low-price supermarket in Austin area. Whole Foods Market's first 365 store in Texas is scheduled to open April 26 in Cedar Park. This new location is a lower-price concept designed to appeal to younger shoppers.
3. Austin nabs one of the very first car vending machines in America. Now you can get practically anything out of a vending machine — including a new ride. Online shopping platform Carvana opened its first Austin vehicle vending machine on Tuesday, February 7.
4. Beloved downtown Austin bistro celebrates milestone anniversary. In the late '70s, three friends in their twenties traveled from Paris to Austin with a dream of opening an independent French restaurant in the heart of the city. Thirty-five years later, Chez Nous is just as much an intimate, unique, and casual bistro as the first day it opened.
5. The hottest South Austin date spots for local lovebirds. Each Austin neighborhood — almost each street, in fact — has its own flavor and charm, meaning you don’t have to travel far to find great date spots. We’re breaking it down for you, starting with South Austin's hottest places for lovebirds.