Unexpected Austin restaurant switch-ups and more of the week's top stories
Editor's note: Unexpected restaurant announcements and sizzling homes lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. Acclaimed East Austin restaurant closes its doors in surprising announcement. There's something in the water. Yet another acclaimed Austin restaurant has announced that it's closing its doors. Gardner, the high-end restaurant from the team behind wildly successful Contigo, will serve its last meal March 11.
2. 10 best Austin dive restaurants for damn good food at a good price. Dive restaurants have an inexplicable allure. Cozy and inexpensive, there's an unpretentious approach to everything offered, from eclectic vibes to crazy good food. We took a look at the beloved dives of Austin that have a strong following of loyal customers and an unassuming neighborhood charm.
3. Stunning new home takes up residence in premier Austin neighborhood. This new home successfully brings an ultra-modern vibe to one of Austin's dreamiest neighborhoods. Located in sought-after Tarrytown, 2708 Townes Ln. seamlessly melds its modern aesthetic with natural surroundings.
4. Our five favorite affordable Austin homes on the market right now. Austin homes are selling like hotcakes, and with record-breaking sales in 2015, it's nearly impossible to find affordable real estate in the city. We set out to find affordable, move-in ready homes to prove that there are still some inexpensive options left in Austin.
5. Uchi group reveals plans for new Austin restaurant and more changes. Uchi Restaurant Group is getting a facelift — and it includes a fresh new concept. The acclaimed group announced that, moving forward, it will be known as Hai Hospitality. The most exciting part of the release? A tease that there's a new Austin concept in the works.