The most expensive home in Austin tops our most popular stories this week
Editor's note: Pricey pads and Tastemakers lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. This sprawling Austin estate is the most expensive home for sale in Texas. How hot is the Texas housing market? Real estate website PropertyShark combed through active listings to find the 10 most expensive homes for sale in Texas right now — and the priciest is an Austin-area estate.
2. Austin's only drive-in movie theater sets opening date for new location. Blue Starlite Mini Urban Drive-in is back. After closing its popular east side location in February, Austin's only drive-in theater reopened Friday, March 10, in a bigger, better South Austin space.
3. The best official SXSW events that are totally free to attend. Your SXSW experience doesn't have to break the bank. Here's the lowdown on the best free official SXSW happenings throughout the festival.
4. Meet eight talented Austin chefs on the brink of stardom. The future of the Austin restaurant scene is in good hands. Meet our Tastemaker Awards nominees for Rising Star Chef of the Year.
5. Texas named one of the worst states for first-time homebuyers. It seems the states that are attracting the most millennials are also the ones where it's hardest to break into homeownership. Bankrate determined that Texas is the seventh worst state in the nation for first-time homebuyers.