Covering the Coverage
Highlights and behind-the-scenes moments from Moontower Comedy and Austin Food & Wine Festival
We ate, drank, giggled and grooved our way through the final weekend of April. The weekend of too-many-fests-to-count proved a successful one for CultureMap's staff, writers, photographers and guest contributors.
In case you missed it, we've created a handy guide of our coverage, so that you can relive the highlights and behind-the-scenes moments of Moontower Comedy & Oddity Festival and the Austin Food & Wine Festival.
Moontower Comedy & Oddity Festival
A collection of interviews and reviews of the festival.
- Friday night headliner's steal the show
- Local comics hit the stage for Moontower's Austin Show
- Our top picks for a week of wisecracks
- Reggie Watts ready to rep at Moontower
- Bill Burr on what's going wrong with the world
- Jim Norton may be distracted by porn, but he's keeping the media on point
- Anthony Jeselnik, lord of comedy darkness
A web series from John Merriman and Kerri Lendo, taking you behind the scenes of Moontower.
- Opening day visits from Bill Hader and Todd Barry
- Funny ladies Janeane Garofolo and Chelsea Peretti
- Backstage with headliners Dana Carvey and Reggie Watts
- Closing the fest with Jim Gaffigan
Austin Food & Wine Festival
From the grounds
Festival guides and demo recaps.
- Marcus Samuelsson's sexy leftovers and more fool proof dishes
- French underdog wines and craft brews
- Austin Food & Wine Festival turns a corner, entices new loyal crowd
- A weekend guide to the Austin Food & Wine Festival
Behind the scenes
Video footage and announcements leading up to the fest.
- Behind the scenes: A Sway sake lesson, menu approval at Uchi & the farmers' market with Barley Swine
- Austin Food & Wine Festival announces Fire Pit demos and savory exhibitors
- Festival kicks off behind-the-scene series with Sway
- Texas-sized 2013 programming announced
With their second iteration, both festivals proved that things do, in fact, get better with time. A fine balance of male, female, local and national comedic talent sealed Moontower's fate as a festival on the rise. And a concerted effort to improve programming and offer more options for all ticket holders, Austin Food & Wine Festivals climbed the ranks as a favorite foodie pastime.
We guarantee that both fests will be back in full force for 2014 — start resting now.