Austin shutters and real estate rumblings lead our most popular stories
Editor's note: Sudden shutters and real estate rumblings lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. Three popular Austin neighborhoods that still boast a good bang for your buck. Austin's popularity as a hip place to live is making the competitive real estate market tough to navigate. Instead of limiting your search to pricey areas, why not check out some of the most popular, up-and-coming 'hoods?
2. Say goodbye to yet another Austin Italian restaurant. Cantine Italian Cafe & Bar closes Saturday, May 20, two years after its debut.
3. Hot downtown Austin restaurant and bar abruptly closes its doors. Tiki time in the Warehouse District has come to an end. Isla, sister spot to nearby Péché, announced its immediate shutter via social media on Monday, May 15.
4. Award-winning Austin homes like this one don't last long. This home in Austin's Northwest Hills neighborhood underwent massive renovations from 2008 to 2009. What was once an unassuming 1960s-retro pad became a midcentury modern oasis — without losing any of its classic Austin charm.
4. New waterfront development unveiled for Austin's Seaholm district. A historic facility on Lady Bird Lake is getting the attention it deserves. Representatives have announced a collaborative effort to redevelop the iconic Seaholm Intake building.