Austin restaurateur's for-sale villa tops this week's most popular stories
Editor's note: Restaurateur's Hill Country villa and folks leaving Austin lead our most popular stories. Read on for more of the week's hot headlines.
1. Austin restaurant mogul's magnificent villa hits the market for $12 million. Restaurant mogul Damian Mandola and his wife, Trina, have put their stunning 323-acre Hill Country estate, Villa Antichità, on the market for $12 million.
2. A huge number of renters plan to leave Austin — here's where they're going. Nearly two-thirds of renters in Austin are looking at fleeing the city, and many of them are eyeing a move to the Mile High City.
3. Snappy Texas salad chain opens first Austin restaurant. Eco-friendly salad joint Snappy Salads is expanding to Austin. The popular Dallas-based chain is opening its Capital City location at the Village at Westlake in September.
4. Funky Austin spot declared one of America's 10 best new restaurants. East Austin's fun-loving Texas-style izakaya has scored another national accolade. Bon Appetit revealed its prestigious "Hot 10" new restaurants for 2017, and Kemuri Tatsu-ya is the only Texas restaurant to make the cut.
5. New restaurant brings Latin flavor to burgeoning Austin foodie corridor. Eldorado Cafe, a new neighborhood spot serving hearty, Mexican-inspired comfort food, opened in the space formerly occupied by Alborz at 3300 W. Anderson Ln. Crestview, Brentwood, and Allandale neighbors are already flocking to this casual dining and drinking spot.