You need to save this much money for down payment in Austin and more hot headlines
Editor's note: Those looking to buy a house in Austin next year need to start saving. Read on to find out how much you need to save for a down payment in the Capital City, and more of the week's top stories.
1. This is how much more money you'll need for a down payment in Austin in 2018. Austin home sales have cooled in the past few months, but that doesn't mean the prices aren't red hot.
2. Sandwich shop shutters, whiskey room opens, and more Austin food news. A Windsor Park neighborhood favorite has decided to call it quits.
3. Amazon HQ2 rival disses Austin’s status as Live Music Capital of the World. Denver takes a jab at Austin. Not cool, Denver. Not cool.
4. 'Real life' dinosaurs descend on downtown Austin for one dino-mite weekend. Your Jurassic Park fantasies will finally come to life when this touring dinosaur exhibit comes to town.
5. Nine Hill Country road trips to celebrate the holiday season. Okay, so Texas may not have the charming, snow-dusted hamlets of New England, but it doesn't mean our small towns aren't quaint as hell.