Major Austin restaurant comeback tops week's most popular stories
Editor's note: A legendary restaurant reopening leads this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. Legendary Austin restaurant finally reopens after months-long closure. Hudson's on the Bend has reopened after shutting for more than seven months. And after a brief glimpse, we are impressed with the new space and the menu preview.
2. Austin's first urban winery pops the cork on cool new location. The Austin Winery will move from its original location in Northeast Austin to a brand-new space at The Yard before the new year.
3. Largest hotel in Austin reaches new heights and sets opening date. The soon-to-be largest hotel in Austin has reached new heights. The Fairmont Austin, which broke ground two years ago, officially topped out during a special ceremony on November 18.
4. Austin real estate market heats up with surprising surge in home sales. Austin home sales are on the upswing once again, according to the latest report from the Austin Board of Realtors (ABoR). In October, single-family home sales in Austin proper jumped 7.5 percent year-over-year, after a 4.5 percent decline in September.
5. SXSW reveals plans for groundbreaking headquarters in downtown Austin. The team behind Austin's famous conference and festival has revealed plans to move into an innovative office space, which is scheduled to break ground in summer 2017.