Editor's note: It's that time again — time to check in with our top stories of the week. A buzzy story about Sharon Stone and an iconic pizza chain closing are just a few of the headlines that captured Austin's attention over the past seven days.
1. Iconic Austin pizza chain folds once-popular Guadalupe Street location. On Monday, Mr. Gatti's announced it was closing its Guadalupe location. For a certain group of Austinites, namely natives and former UT undergrads, the news marked the end of an era. What era that is exactly remains unclear.
2. 5 things to know in Austin food right now: Fried chicken restaurant hatches on Burnet Road. Happy Chicks, the downtown fast-casual spot specializing in all things chicken fingers, added a second location in North Austin. Learn more and dip into the week's essential food news in our weekly roundup of restaurant and bar happenings.
3. Longtime Austin restaurateur punts Asian street food for swanky new sports bar. Talk about a game changer. Ronald Cheng, owner of Chinatown and one of Austin's longest-running restaurateurs, converted his pan-Asian restaurant Street into an all-new sports bar. The new concept officially kicked off on January 1.
4. Austin's oldest hike-and-bike trail offers unique journey for all. Shoal Creek, the city's oldest hike-and-bike trail, runs 11 miles through downtown Austin, meaning most of us regularly pass by it. But did you know it's not only a place for recreation, but education? Led by the Shoal Creek Conservancy, the trail hosts free guided tours once a month, ranging in topic from history to science.
5. Austin-based Bumble accidentally deletes dating profile of Hollywood A-lister. It turns out Sharon Stone is just trying to find a date like everyone else.