Editor's note: It's that time again — time to check in with our top stories of the week. Though Austin didn't make it on the list, audiences were captivated by Esquire's best restaurants of the decade, which included two Texas eateries. Read on to see what else captured Austin's attention over the past seven days.
1. 2 Texas restaurants land coveted spots on Esquire's best-of-decade list. Esquire recently released its roundup of the best restaurants of the decade, and two famous Texas eateries made it on the prestigious list. While Austin did not claim a spot, the magazine did recently name Comedor as one of its best new restaurants of 2019.
2. Booming Austin suburb hauls in top spot among growing U.S. cities. People love Round Rock. They love reading about Round Rock, commenting about how much they love living in Round Rock, and then sharing their love of Round Rock on social media for all to see. And we love it, too.
3. Austin's most famous breakfast taco truck rolls into all-new location. Veracruz All Natural, arguably Austin's most famous taco truck, is moving from Cesar Chavez after nearly 10 years. Read on to find out where this delicious trailer is heading to next.
4. One of America's most acclaimed cocktail bars pops up in Austin. Anvil, a Houston bar with a cult-like following, is popping up in Austin for one night only. If the name is any indication, one could reasonably expect to get hammered.
5. Acclaimed Japanese chef bowls over Austin with new ramen shop. This new restaurant isn't just bringing a new dining option to North Austin, it's bringing a whole new kind of ramen.