SXSW adds more celebs, musical legends, and political rising stars to 2019 lineup
SXSW has already dropped some pretty big bombshells about its 2019 lineup — and it's not finished yet. Days after revealing that Us, Jordan Peele's follow-up film to the Academy Award-winning blockbuster Get Out, will premiere at this year's festival, South by is dishing out more juicy details.
On January 15, Austin's mega-fest announced the addition of three new keynotes to the 10-day event and more than a dozen featured speakers. Joining the keynote programming are Endeavor chief marketing officer Bozoma Saint John; actor, director, producer, and activist Olivia Wilde; and Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger, who will join the conversation between Kevin Systrom and Josh Constine.
The festival's new featured speakers, which range from musical legends to newly minted politicians, very much reflect the current zeitgeist. (And scooter watchers take note: Bird's founder and CEO will also be in attendance.)
SXSW featured speakers just announced:
- Musician A$AP Rocky
- Journalist and author Jill Abramson
- Actress, writer, producer and director Pamela Adlon
- CEO and chairman of Vox Media Jim Bankoff
- Co-founder of the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative Priscilla Chan
- U.S. Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Singer-songwriter David Crosby
- Director, producer and writer Cameron Crowe
- Author and podcaster Tim Ferriss
- Best-selling author Neil Gaiman
- U.S. Senator Mazie Hirono
- WndrCo co-founder
- Quibi founder and chairman Jeffrey Katzenberg
- Journalist Soledad O’Brien
- Founder and CEO of Buzzfeed Jonah Peretti
- Quibi CEO Meg Whitman
- Bird founder and CEO Travis VanderZanden
- Actor Henry Winkler
"The breadth and diversity of the featured speakers make the 2019 event an even stronger and more compelling place for creatives, innovators, and storytellers alike," said Hugh Forrest, SXSW's chief programming officer, in a news release.
SXSW takes over downtown Austin March 8-17 with its Interactive, Film, Music, Convergence, and Edu tracks. Badges and passes are currently on sale here.