Links We Love
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. This college kid's ill-fated graduation backflip is the perfect metaphor for the real world. Davenport University grad Robert Blank wanted to make a statement with his walk across the stage, but falling flat on his face probably wasn't what he had in mind. Such is life.
2. Emma Stone's lip sync battle with Jimmy Fallon is perfection. From trending hashtags to lip sync battles, The Tonight Show has certainly changed from the days of Jay Leno. The regular bit got some new blood when Emma Stone took the stage, destroying "All I Do Is Win" by DJ Khaled and "Hook" by Blues Traveler.
3. You need to hear Kai Langer roar louder than a lion because he is a champion. Five-year-old Kai Langer has a lot going on right now. He's got plans to name his new baby sister "Dad," and he wants to learn how to play the drums. When Ellen surprises him with a new drum set, Kai says, "I love you." It's all capped off with Kai performing "Roar" by Katy Perry.
4. Honest autocorrects: 13 texts you send all the time and what they actually mean. Buzzfeed is brutally honest in its rundown of common sugar-coating texts. To wit: "Let's be honest. You are never actually five minutes away."
5. People are paying $500 to live like they're on Mars in Utah. NASA isn't on board yet, but scientists at the Mars Desert Research Station are taking the project very seriously. The middle of the Utah desert has been set up to simulate the red planet in order to conduct experiments, and let's be honest. That's pretty cool.