Editor's note: It's that time again — time to check in with our top stories. Here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Whataburger serves up first new-look restaurant in the Austin area. Whataburger made waves last year when it revealed a modern (and polarizing) redesign. Now, the fast-food favorite is unwrapping its first local store with the look.
2. Austin's Top Chef competitor to open Mexican eatery in trendy downtown district. You can watch him compete on Top Chef right now, then dine at his new downtown eatery next year.
3. Austin's completely reimagined Waterloo Park and amphitheater to open this summer. It's been called Austin's version of Central Park, and it finally has an opening date.
4. Luxe members-only clubhouse homes in on South Congress for Texas debut. SoHo House is moving into SoCo with a swanky — and very exclusive — property.
5. Austin-based star of Supernatural takes on new role — startup investor. Jared Padalecki is putting his money where his health is with this investment.