Maifest German Beer Festival
Toast the season in true German style at Austin's own Maifest celebration
Grab your lederhosen and beer stein and head to Saengerrude to embrace the waning days of spring in true German fashion. This weekend, Austin Saengerrunde will toast to the season with its second annual Maifest. A traditional German-style festival, Maifest will pay homage with local craft brews, food and music.
While sipping limited edition suds, guests will enjoy live music from bands Sour Bridges and Los Kolaches. In the dancing mood? Show off your dancing skills to tunes from polka bands Off The Grid and Czech Melody Masters. Scholz Beer Garten will also sell German fare for those who need to balance their beer with some bratwurst.
Proceeds from the event benefit Foodways Texas, a nonprofit organization that works to preserve the diverse food culture of Texas through oral history projects, documentary films, recipe collections and scholarly research.
The $25 advance ticket includes a chance to sample limited edition German-style beers from 10 Texas breweries. Those brews include:
- Austin Beerworks: Heisenberg (German-style Kristallweizen)
- Circle Brewing: EPIC Hop Bock (combines the styles of a German Helles Bock with an American IPA)
- Grapevine Craft Brewery: Monarch (Pale Wheat Ale)
- Hops & Grain: Alt-eration Ale (German-style Altbier)
- Independence Brewing: Independence Pale Ale
- Live Oak Brewing: Schwarzbier (opaque black lager)
- Real Ale Brewing: Hans' Pils (German Pilsener)
- Pedrenales Brewing: Lobo Negro (Munich Dunkel Lager) & Classic Hefe-Weizen
- Rahr & Sons Brewing: Summertime Wheat (Hefeweizen style beer)
- Saint Arnold Brewing: Santo (black Kölsch-style beer)