Austin 'hood with homes for less than $200K tops this week's hottest stories
Editor's note: The forecast is promising a wet weekend, so what better way to celebrate than by catching up on the week's top stories? We uncovered a new neighborhood (in Austin!) with homes priced below $200,000 and once again discussed the city's chances of landing Amazon HQ2. Read on to see what else got people talking this week.
1. This 'attainable' new Austin neighborhood offers homes for less than $200K. Who said first-time homebuyers in Austin are out of luck? This new development in Southeast Austin is selling townhomes beginning in the $190s, a steal considering the median price for a single-family home inside the city limits is $390,000.
2. Austin's chances for landing Amazon HQ2 in peril as new leader emerges. Speculation as to which city will nab Amazon's second headquarters seems to change daily, but the latest news places that other Capital City as the forerunner.
3. Legendary Central Texas hotel reopens following multi-year renovation. Salado's legendary Stagecoach Inn has seen some storied characters during its 158-year history. Lucky for Central Texas, a few local developers have spent the past two years restoring this sweet spot to its former glory.
4. H-E-B sweeps into East Austin with giant tech facility and hundreds of new jobs. Big news for the grocery giant — and for its new East Austin neighborhood.
5. Another legendary Austin restaurant falls victim to changing landscape. It's always hard to see an Austin classic shutter, though there is a silver lining of hope in this story. The restaurant says it's trying to find a way to work with the developers to reopen.