ACL's best dressed, Via 313 team heads to Hyde Park, and more top stories
Editor's note: This weekend, we're wishing for better weather and sending good thoughts to our neighbors throughout Texas and the Hill Country affected by this devastating flooding. Below are the week's top stories.
1. Our picks for best festival looks of Austin City Limits 2018. ACL-goers always bring their fashion A-game, and this year was no different. From crop tops to other crop tops, here are the looks that had us dancing in the streets.
2. Via 313 and Nickel City opening new Italian restaurant in iconic Hyde Park spot. What do you get when you combine the teams behind Via 313, Nickel City, and Juniper? Hyde Park's newest must-hit restaurant, of course.
3. Hip 'bodega' coming to East Austin, local pizza shop voted best in U.S., and more food news. Guess it's just not enough to run some of the city's coolest hotels and most lauded restaurants. Just a few weeks after opening Joann's Fine Foods, it was revealed the the Bunkhouse Group/McGuire Moorman Hospitality super team is working on a new east side bodega.
4. 7 under-the-radar happy hours shaking up Austin's cocktail scene. Ah yes, the perennial question: where the heck should we happy hour? This month's roundup leads drinkers to some underrated and under-the-radar spots.
5. Austin couple's vintage Zilker Park wedding begins with social media spark. After meeting in middle school, this couple reconnected the new fashioned way: social media, of course. Their love affair culminated in a dreamy, vintage-inspired wedding in Zilker Park. Swoon.