Popular seafood spot returns, Austin hike-and-bike trail charts new course, and more stories
Editor's note: Though we waited with bated breath all week long, Amazon didn't make the final announcement regarding HQ2. (That hasn't stopped the rumor mill from churning, however.) While we wait for Jeff Bezos and company to finally end this charade, let's catch up on the rest of our top stories.
1. Popular seafood spot returns, downtown pizza joint closes, and more Austin food news. When one door shuts, another one opens. Uncover who is (re)opening, who is shuttering, and who applied for a hush-hush new liquor license.
2. Economic expert says Austin could land part of Amazon HQ2 as new rumors swirl. Will they? Won't they? Maybe half? On behalf of everyone in Austin, just tell us where HQ2 is going.
3. Austin's oldest hike-and-bike trail charts new course from downtown to the Domain. Shoal Creek announced plans this week to expand the trail (the oldest in Austin!) past its current end point at 38th Street all the way to the Domain. The expansion would be part of an even greater network of Austin green spaces and hiking trails.
4. Austin's exclusive new wellness resort offers everything from spa treatments to tarot readings. Tuscon's chicest export is coming to Austin. Part luxury resort, part new age wellness retreat, let's just say this isn't your mama's spa.
5. Where to eat in Austin right now: 5 new restaurants to try in November. Saturday night is the best night to try something new, and this list spotlights some of the city's best new haunts. From breakfast to happy hour to late-night eats, these restaurants have you covered.