Sixth Street's new look leads this week's 5 most-read Austin headlines
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From famously fun locales to new restaurants, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Austin's Sixth Street gets a new look with construction starting in early 2024. Facade work will affect more than 30 "unique parcels," which will later be available for lease.
2. Travel magazine names Texas Hill Country among the top 25 destinations in the world. The main reason the Hill Country made the list? It’s in the path of totality for April’s solar eclipse.
3. Austin lives it up as No. 7 most fun American city in new list. Each city was evaluated based on the number of attractions per capita, nightlife activities per capita, restaurant and movie cost, and more.
4. Famous drive-in resurrects a retro '90s theater on Austin's East Side. “Finally I was able to get a look and it was in perfect condition," said Blue Starlite creator Josh Frank. "Like it was teleported in time from 1999 to today."
5. A new daiquiri bar and authentic spicy ramen top Austin's 11 tastiest bites of food news. This weekly roundup includes restaurant openings, special menu items, and tasty fundraisers.