Eats, beats, and treats
New desserts section and cocktail firsts sweeten the deal at ACL Fest 2023
As always, Austin City Limits (ACL) Festival is cooking up a great experience this year. This festival never neglects the food, whipping up an always-growing selection from local vendors — some that have become staples for attendees who visit every year.
For the first time, ACL has added a dedicated dessert section, offering a sweet oasis for attendees between sets. The new section will be located between the T-Mobile Stage and Austin Kiddie Limits, around the area that housed a barbecue pit in 2022.
The festival has not shared maps for 2023 yet, but the website only shows two locations in its filter: ACL Eats in the main thoroughfare, about halfway between the two main stages along the north border of Zilker Park; and ACL Sweets. The smaller food court across the road (dubbed More Eats on previous maps) does not appear on the dropdown menu.
Plus, ACL is introducing GA cocktails for the first time ever! VIPs may have gotten used to having mixed drinks on hand, but general admission attendees previously only had spiked seltzers and the like in cans. Sip tiki drinks as you soak up the sounds, adding an extra layer of fun to the party vibes. You'll also get to bring a tiki mug home as a keepsake.
The "Eats" lineup offers a diverse food fest, catering to all many needs with a dish for every palette. Among the “Eats” are:
- Chi’Lantro — An ACL fave, Chi'lantro is a must for Korean-Tex Mex fusion. Their signature kimchi fries always hit the spot. With vegetarian options too, this stop caters to all.
- Burro Grilled Cheese (known outside the fest as Burro Cheese Kitchen) — Seeking food that’s delish and easy to roam with? Burro's grilled cheese creations are as tasty as they are hand-held, making them perf picks as you wander the grounds.
- JuiceLand — Take a break from the fried fare and get refreshed with Juiceland's fresh-squeezed fruits. It’s the perfect pitstop to rehydrate and replenish your fest fuel.
- Lambas Indian Kitchen (Lambas Royal Indian Foods) — Lambas serves up authentic Indian flavors both bold and convenient. Their menu fits gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian lifestyles, making it a versatile choice for all fest-goers.
- Cuantos Tacos — This award-winning food truck might bring the most authentic tacos some visitors have ever had, especially if they're in Austin for the first time.
In addition to these highlights, ACL Eats offers a wide range of vendors including: Underdog, Tiny Pies, The Cavalier Party & Tots, Wholly Cow Burgers, The Original Black’s Barbecue, Taco Bronco, Steamies Dumplings, Skull & Cakebones, Southside Flying Pizza, Show Me Pizza, Redfin Seafood Kitchen, Nacho Daddy & Tenders, Shawarma Point, Salt & Time, Shake Shack, Nervous Charlie’s, Pelons Tex Mex, Mmmpanadas, Mickelthwait Barbecue, Lonesome Dove Western Bistro, Mama Fried, Koko’s Bavarian, Huckleberry, Kababeque, Home Fries, Hawk’s Hot Chicken, Flyrite Chicken, Four Brothers Venezuelan Kitchen, Cuantos Tacos, Come and Take it Fresh Squeezed, East Side King, Austin’s Pizza, Blenders & Bowls , and Brotherton’s Barbecue.
The new "Sweets" section serves up desserts to cap off your ACL days. Highlights include:
- Bananarchy - A long-time ACL treat, Bananarchy's frozen bananas taste just like ice cream, but won't weigh you down as much (especially if you're dairy-free), offering the perfect cool-down between stage-hopping.
- Goodpop - This ice pops offer that sweet relief without being too sugary — for people who just aren't that into sweets. With fun flavors like blackberry lemon chia and peach ginger, they're ideal for beating the festival heat.
- Picolé - For those who do want decadence — but want it one-handed — Picolé serves up unique ice cream and fruit bars on a stick. The company also sells mangonadas, which we hope will make it to the fest, but no menu is provided yet.
Beyond the highlights, "Sweets" also includes Tiny Pies, Tiff’s Treats, Sno-Beach, JP’s Pancake Company, Mister Softee, Candy Cloud World, Holla Mode, and Amy’s Ice Creams.
So grab your snacks, pick up a drink, and get ready to feast on the beats at ACL 2023! This year promises memorable music paired with Austin's most craveable foods and drinks.