Delicious Austin dining news heats up the week's most popular stories
Editor's note: Hiking in Austin and dining in Round Rock lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. Austin's largest trail system reveals plans for anticipated next phase. Imagine hiking across Austin on a trail that is twice the size of the Barton Creek Greenbelt. One year after the first 6-mile segment of the Violet Crown Trail opened to the public, we take a look at the progress on Central Texas' only regional trail system.
2. These 10 rocking restaurants are totally worth the drive to Round Rock. Our neighbors to the north have a delicious little secret: The Round Rock restaurant game has leveled up. Farm-to-table and family-owned restaurants are quickly becoming the norm, and better pricing and (gasp!) parking make the short drive north totally worth it.
3. Legendary Austin barbecue joint opens outpost next to famous dive bar. North Central Austin has a hot new option for barbecue. Stubb's Bar-B-Q announced the opening of a new outpost located next to Lala's Little Nugget on Justin Lane.
4. New nonstop flights with cheap prices take off from Austin. Traveling to Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay, Florida, is about to get easier (and cheaper). Low-cost airline Allegiant announced nonstop service to both destinations with one-way tickets starting as low as $44.
5. Massive master-planned community takes root in Southeast Austin. A new development has arrived in East Austin, bringing with it much-needed amenities, affordable housing, and community enrichment.