Austin restaurant openings heat up the week's most popular stories
Editor's note: Hot new restaurants and Stevie Nicks' return lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. Stevie Nicks adds Austin stop to 24-karat Gold concert tour. Stevie Nicks has a surprise in store for Austin fans. The rock star has added 20 stops to her stellar 24 Karat Gold concert tour, including the Capital City.
2. New Tex-Mex restaurant from star team debuts in South Austin. This opening proves Austin can never have too much Tex-Mex. From the team behind Vox Table comes El Burro, which debuted on December 8.
3. Anticipated downtown Austin eatery quietly opens in high-profile space. Cannon + Belle, the new restaurant at the Hilton Austin downtown, opened quietly a couple of weeks ago, and after our first visit we may have found a new favorite.
4. Best Hill Country holiday happenings just a short drive from Austin. Everything’s bigger in Texas, including the holidays. If you’re looking to escape the shopping hordes for a uniquely Texan ho-ho-hoedown, head for the hills.
5. Is Austin-San Antonio the next megaregion? These experts think so. If commuting patterns are a reliable indication, the San Antonio-Austin area qualifies as a “megaregion.”