Iconic Austin restaurant closure leads the week's most popular stories
Editor's note: Legendary restaurant's shutter and crazy real estate news top this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. New report shows this could be the craziest year yet for Austin real estate. The housing bubble in Austin has to burst at some point, right? Wrong. According to the Austin Board of Realtors' March report, Austin home sales and prices are sizzling and don't look to be cooling off any time soon.
2. Legendary Austin Tex-Mex restaurant says adios to longtime location. As a wave of restaurant closures continues to sweep over Austin, not even Tex-Mex is untouchable. El Arroyo's 20-year-old outpost in the Far West neighborhood has closed up shop.
3. KGSR releases Blues on the Green lineup for summer 2016. No Austin summer is complete without Blues on the Green, and KGSR has released the lineup for the 2016 free concert series at Zilker Park. The 26th annual Blues on the Green kicks off Wednesday, May 25.
4. The 10 best new patios in Austin for drinking and dining al fresco. As we welcome patio season, we wanted to find the best new outdoor dining destinations in Austin and, if we're lucky, a happy hour or two.
5. Local design experts disclose top tips to transform your space. Whether you are moving into a new place or want to elevate your existing space, we talked with Austin’s award-winning construction and design firm, CG&S Design-Build, to help navigate the interior decorating waters.