Editor's note: Homebuying blues and unbelievable views lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. New report spells bad news for Austin homeowners and buyers. Home sales continue to climb in Austin, and it's beginning to spell bad news for not only new homebuyers but also current homeowners. Austinites want their property value to increase for resell purposes, but what happens when you can no longer afford the property taxes?
2. Where to drink in Austin right now: Eight bars with unbelievable views. Every month we share our picks for where to drink in Austin. With summer approaching, we're thinking as much about the views as we are the drinks. Enjoy scenic sips at these hot spots with amazing vistas.
3. 14 old-guard Austin institutions that you should visit right now. Austin's evolving, and we've got a front-row seat. We bemoan the fate of Austin institutions even as we pick our way through a selection of small plates at the latest hot spot. Let's make a conscious choice to put our money where our "Austin's changing so fast" outrage is: Shop, have a beer, or grab a meal at one of these old-guard businesses.
4. Bottomless mimosas dry up with latest Austin restaurant closure. Another Italian restaurant is closing up shop, taking with it a brunch that boasts bottomless mimosas. The owners of Sagra announced that May 29, will be the last day of service.
5. The 10 best Memorial Day weekend activities around Austin. Memorial Day weekend serves as a segue into summer, one of the best times of the year in Austin. Our city offers a wide variety of ways to mark this occasion, from movie nights and staycations to musical outings and history events. Here are 10 of the best Memorial Day weekend events to help you kick off summer right.