Austin News Feed
Editor's note: Over the course of a week, we come across dozens of newsy tidbits and interesting links that we want to share with you. For this weekly roundup, we gathered all the news we found cute, intriguing and enlightening.
1. Should Bruce Jenner Lane in South Austin be renamed? Yep, there's a Bruce Jenner Lane in the Olympian Heights neighborhood off Manchaca Road. Residents discuss the possibility of renaming the street.
2. New University of Texas president wants beer. The newly elected Gregory Fenves wants beer sales at football games.
3. Texas football visits with a couple of cute cubs. This playful duo was taken on a field trip to the University of Texas stadium.
4. Austin director Robert Rodriguez will make a live-action version of Johnny Quest. Rodriguez is taking over the writing and directing roles for the project.
5. Check out the winners of the Austin Critics' Table Awards. From modern art exhibitions to innovative dance performances, the best of our local arts scene was celebrated at a special awards ceremony.
6. The Harry Ransom Center has a new archive. Letters, writings and other mementos from Ben Bradlee's time as editor of The Washington Post will soon find a new home at the Ransom Center.