Awesome Austin beaches make a splash in this week's top stories
Editor's note: Austin's very own beaches and lots of dining news lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. East Austin urban masterpiece hits the market for $1.1 million. This million-dollar new build promises zen living in urban East Austin. 2700 E. 12th St. is the second home in a unique three-cottage home development designed by award-winning Austin architecture firm Minguell-McQuary.
2. Under-the-radar Hill Country gem serves up Texas-sized hospitality. If you drive past it on a Saturday evening, you might wonder why there are so many cars at what appears to be a local convenience store. But Hays City Store in Driftwood has evolved into quite the gathering place since it first opened as a gas station and corner store more than 30 years ago.
3. Legendary Central Texas restaurant reopens after year-long closure. A local dining legend is back in business. After a year-long renovation, the restaurant at Stagecoach Inn in Salado reopened June 14.
4. Ten awesome beaches to discover in Austin and beyond. Austin has several beaches where you can spend a day in the sun by the water. Of course, our beaches are not the norm, but there is something for everyone, including some of the best waves for surfing and a clothing-optional beach.
5. Where to eat in Austin right now: Six hot new food trucks for summer. Sure, the weather outside is frightful, but these guys make eating outdoors worth it. Here are our picks for the best new food trucks in town, offering affordable, adventurous Austin dining.