Hot Clicks: Cool pools, hot tempers, off-the-radar eats and A&M's flop
This week was confusing, wasn't it? Tuesday night felt like a Friday, Wednesday was basically a Sunday, and Thursday felt like a dreadful Monday. At least it's the weekend again, I think?
Fittingly, the top story during this national holiday week was all about visiting Austin's natural swimming holes to take a dip while it's unbearably hot. Maybe a few of you even visited some of the places we highlighted to celebrate America's 236th birthday! That would be cool. No pun intended.
- Barton Springs and Deep Eddy are rad and all, but there are some other "hidden" swimming holes around town that might become your favorite hangouts.
- Texas A&M's Welcome to the SEC video didn't exactly intimidate anyone in our land of Longhorns, but it might have been a good way to start a book club.
- We bring to the surface three little known restaurants in Austin. Mexican, Brazilian or Korean — take your pick.
- Can we just agree to disagree? Some think Matt Lauer was a little less than emotional (read: "icy") during Ann Curry's Today Show adieu.
- From vegetarian to meat-heavy, our food editor rounds up her top picks of where to eat in July.
Stay tuned to see what's trending next week.