Editor's note: Tasty tidbits of restaurant news lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. Popular Austin Japanese restaurant announces big move. After five successful years at 4917 Airport Blvd., Komé Sushi Kitchen is moving to a larger space just three blocks up the street, taking over the former Cash America Pawn building at 5301 Airport Blvd.
2. Two Austin favorites rank among America's 50 best new restaurants. On Tuesday, August 1, Bon Appetit released its list of the 50 best new restaurants in America for 2017, highlighting a SoCo hot spot and a quirky East Austin concept.
3. East Austin club deemed No. 1 music venue in the nation. When it comes to concert venues, Austin has some of the best. Yelp has compiled a list of the top 50 small and midsize music venues across the U.S. and the Austin area scores big with four, including the No. 1 spot.
4. South Austin gastropub abruptly shuts its doors. The wave of Austin restaurant closures continues. Porter Ale House & Gastropub, the popular eatery on South First Street, abruptly shuttered on Thursday, July 27.
5. Downtown Austin's newest restaurant wows with innovative Mexican cuisine. Longtime local restaurateurs Larry Foles and Guy Villavaso have struck gold once again with a modern Mexican concept at the Northshore building downtown. Never mind the unimaginative name, ATX Cocina is anything but.