Austin's the life of the party
SXSW marches to the beat of its own drum during epic opening weekend
Mar 15, 2022 | 12:42 pm
Photo by Daniel Cavazos
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Unique Austin barbecue joint makes USA Today's first 'Restaurants of the Year' list. One Austin restaurant, Mum Foods Smokehouse and Delicatessen, made the list. It is the only inclusion from Texas.
2. 2 Austin eateries shine on Texas Monthly's best new restaurants list. Austin is graced with two representatives in the top 10: Bureau de Poste (sixth) and Ezov (10th).
3. Hill Country resort inflates its 10th annual hot air balloon festival. The events include watching the balloons take flight, rock climbing on a freestanding wall, jumping on a bungee trampoline, and a helicopter egg drop.
4. These 10 breweries tap into the best of Austin's beer scene. Every one has its own innovative way to improve Austin's beer scene, which keeps us on our toes as we search for Brewery of the Year nominees for the CultureMap Tastemaker Awards.
5. How to get tickets for the U.S. Gymnastics Championships in Texas. Gymnastics' biggest stars are heading to Fort Worth for the 2024 Xfinity U.S. Gymnastics Championships, May 30-June 2, at Dickies Arena.