Editor's note: Whether you're heading out to the nearest neighborhood splash pad or staying in to longingly look up Maine summer cabins on real estate websites, our hot headlines will help you keep your cool all weekend long.
1. Austin's hottest pizzeria makes Food Network list of best in the U.S. Food Network released a pretty legit recap of the nation's best pizzerias, and included Austin's own Via 313 on the list. Noting Via's "perfect pillowy crust" with "just a hint of cheesy caramelization" on the outside, this is one pizzeria that doesn't cut corners. (Get it? Cause it's square.)
2. Empowering new Austin coffee shop is the first of its kind in U.S. When Empowered Coffee opened in March, it was the first business in the nation to be staffed entirely by adults with intellectual and physical differences. The shop, nestled on Pressler Street in Old West Austin, is not only billed as the "friendliest" coffee shop in town, it also serves a mean cup of joe.
3. Summer of shutters continues as hip East Austin restaurant abruptly closes. It's been a rough couple of weeks for area restaurants. The latest closure, which officially happens this weekend, is Chicon, the east side hot spot run by the folks behind Contigo.
4. Amazon Prime makes spirits brighter with free alcohol delivery in Austin. Amazon's quest to make sure we never have to leave the house again has just entered its next phase — free alcohol delivery. Beginning June 20, Amazon Prime members can take advantage of free two-hour shipments for all their beer and wine needs.
5. Anticipated new biscuit restaurant takes flight on Manor Road. After a series of buzzy pop-ups, Bird Bird Biscuit has finally announced the opening date for its new Manor Road shop. Biscuit sandwiches, locally sourced coffee, and homemade doughnuts? Eggcellent.