Austin's newest billion-dollar company, Beto mural vandalized, and more top stories
Editor's note: The weekend is upon us which can only mean one thing — it's time to check in with our hottest headlines. From new neighbors to new restaurants, here are the stories that got Austin's attention this week.
1. Austin named headquarters of new billion-dollar tech company as city awaits Amazon HQ2.While Austin waits with bated breath to see where Amazon chooses to put HQ2, another multibillion-dollar company announced it's moving its head offices to the Capital City.
2. Austin's viral Beto O'Rourke superhero mural vandalized after just one week. The bad news: Vandals painted over a very popular Beto O'Rourke mural this week. The good news: Neighbors, friends, and the artist all worked together to restore it.
3. Rock 'n' roll royalty puts massive Hill Country estate on market for $3.99 million. Peek inside the Boerne estate of Aerosmith's Joey Kramer. Your childhood dream of being a rock star may not have come true, but that doesn't mean you can't live like one.
4. New location of North Austin cafe takes shape in surprising new spot. Epicerie's second location is opening fairly close to its Rosedale original, but let's just say this spot has one beautiful view.
5. Texas Hill Country distillery branches out with charming new restaurant and bar. Yet another fabulous reason to head to the Hill Country.