Surprising Central Texas city boasts No. 1 U.S. housing market for first-time buyers, plus more top stories
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From the business of young Millennials to the personal lives of sports legends, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Surprising Central Texas city boasts No. 1 U.S. housing market for first-time buyers. Killeen provides the three qualities potential homeowners prioritize the most: affordability, low competition, and growth potential.
2. Meet the groundbreaking Austinites who made Forbes' first local '30 Under 30' list. In a first for the publication, Forbes has compiled a "30 Under 30 Local" list highlighting Austin's most innovative entrepreneurs and trailblazers.
3. Demolition moves forward after 15-year redevelopment stall in historic Austin neighborhood. An old Home Depot lot had been sitting vacant in North Austin for more than 10 years...until Monday.
4. Netflix's No. 1 documentary tackles the rise and fall of Texas A&M football idol Johnny Manziel. Untold: Johnny Football was released August 8 and within 24 hours, trended as Netflix’s No. 1 movie in the United States.
5. Lake Travis home of Basketball Hall of Famer Rudy Tomjanovich hits the market at $3 million. Arches appear over the entrance, in many of the windows, in doorways, in shelving, and even on both ends of the pool.