Mexico City restaurant group opens second U.S. location in Southwest Austin, plus more top stories
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From new restaurants, the Ferrari Challenge, Willie Nelson, and more, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Mexico City restaurant group opens second U.S. location in Southwest Austin. La Popular is part of Grupo Carolo, one of Mexico's most recognized restaurant groups.
2. Willie Nelson's famous 4th of July picnic returns to Q2 Stadium for special 50th anniversary. The legend returns to Q2 this summer for another epic Independence Day celebration.
3. New hotel finds a home in the heart of downtown Austin. The Graduate is coming to north central Austin, near the University of Texas campus.
4. Ferrari Challenge races back into downtown Austin and COTA. The largest gathering of Ferraris on track in North America took place at COTA earlier this month.
5. Texans pop over to Georgetown for the annual Red Poppy Festival. The Georgetown Red Poppy Festival brings a parade, music, and more for a lovely suburban retreat from April 28-30.