In the news
KVUE -- In this edition of Eat Drink and Be Wary problems include roaches in the kitchen and mold on the food.
Taqueria Arandas at 2448 South First Street failed its February 25th Austin-Travis County Health inspection with a score of 66.
Among the problems noted by the health inspector include mold in the dry chile container. It was thrown out on the spot. An employee failed to wash hands after cracking eggs and before handling clean dishes. Three of the four cooler units were not working properly and there was an accumulation of food particles on utensils.
On the required follow up inspection Taqueria Arandas passed with a score of 90.
Ronald Cheng's Chinatown Downtown on West Fifth Street failed its February 11th inspection with a score of 65.
Critical violations included roaches in the kitchen. There was also fried shrimp and chicken held at the wrong temperature which was thrown out. The inspector found mold in the ice machine and food particles on stored plates.
On the required follow up inspection Ronald Cheng's Chinatown Downtown passed with a score of 94.