Johnny Manziel is merchandise king: Leads NFL in jersey sales
Looks like Johnny Manziel's famous "show me the money" gesture can be at least partially justified: The Cleveland Browns rookie quarterback is the NFL's reigning merchandise king.
The former Texas A&M star's new garb emblazoned with No. 2 outsold all other league jerseys during the first quarter of officially licensed league sales, according to the NFL Players Association. It marks the first time a Browns players has led shirt sales since the NFL began counting in 2001, according to USA Today.
The former Texas A&M star's new garb emblazoned with No. 2 outsold all other league jerseys during the first quarter of officially licensed league sales. The Browns' second-string quarterback's official jerseys snag about $100 each, while T-shirts are less expensive.
Manziel's brand includes five Manziel-specific T-shirt designs by Nike and a variety of other jerseys through licensed dealers. The Nike line also include a women's shirt with the words, "My MANziel."
Here's the list for top 10 jersey sellers in the NFL (April 1 - July 17):
1. Johnny Manziel, Cleveland Browns
2. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks
3. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers
4. Richard Sherman, Seattle Seahawks
5. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos
6. Michael Sam, St. Louis Rams
7. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
8. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
9. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
10. 12th Fan, Seattle Seahawks