NFL stadium speculation brews around Austin and more of the week's top stories
Editor's note: Football news and local brews lead this round of top stories. Read on for the rest of the week’s most popular headlines.
1. Could Austin-San Antonio land an NFL stadium? Speculation resurfaces. As talk has been rekindled about an NFL franchise relocating to San Antonio, speculation has surfaced about where that team might play. Some of that speculation has centered on what essentially is the center point between San Antonio and Austin.
2. Five kid-friendly Austin places that definitely don't suck. Rather than cave to your kids' demands to spend an afternoon spent at a jumpy house, might we suggest some local, refreshing alternatives to family-friendly spaces that not only don't suck, but have something for everyone.
3. Local brewery snaps up prime Austin land to prevent yet another development. The craft beer scene in Austin is overflowing with innovation, the latest example of which comes from Jester King Brewery. In a major preservation effort, the 5-year-old brewery has purchased 58 acres of land surrounding its headquarters in Southwest Austin.
4. This Austin-area school district ranks among the five best in U.S. Students in Eanes Independent School District are at the top of the class: Niche.com's 2016 list of the best school districts in America names the local district No. 2 in the country.
5. Exclusive look inside the new home of Austin's most legendary nightclub. On New Year's Eve, Antone's opened the doors of its new location at 305 E. Fifth St., an impressive space that breathes fresh life into the 40-year-old institution.