Editor's note: Nonstop getaways and restaurant openings lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. Austin lands eight new nonstop flights with cheap fares. Getting out of town on the cheap just got easier, as Frontier Airlines is introducing eight new nonstop flights to its Austin roster. Introductory fares for one-way tickets start as low as $34.
2. New nonstop flight makes Austin-to-Seattle getaway a breeze. As people pour into Austin for hot fun in the summertime, locals are looking to get the heck out, and one new nonstop flight is making that easier.
3. Here are the three hottest restaurant openings in Austin right now. Austin is on fire with restaurant openings. Three new eateries opened on Monday, July 17, including a modern Mexican restaurant, an all-female venture, and a new location of an old favorite.
4. Downtown Austin wine bar abruptly stops pouring. Another downtown establishment is permanently closing its doors. The Red Room Lounge, a basement wine bar on East Third Street known for its eclectic wine list and NYC feel, shut down on Tuesday, July 18.
5. This Austin ZIP code is the most expensive place to rent in Texas. Move over, 90210. According to a new report from rental website RentCafe, you have to shell out nearly $2,500 a month to rent an apartment in the priciest area in the state, which is located right here in Austin.