Hot new Austin bars dominate this week's most popular stories
Editor's note: Austin's best new bars and DIY inspiration lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. DIY couple builds one-of-a-kind Austin home on a budget. When Shane Pavonetti tells people he spent $165,000 on his new modern farmhouse in an up-and-coming neighborhood of Austin, he quickly has to explain that the situation isn't normal. That's because he was the architect, general contractor, and steel fabricator all in one. And his wife, Holly, a wildlife preservationist, took on most of the interior design duties.
2. The 10 best new Austin bars to grab a drink right now. Austin is buzzing with fabulous new watering holes. We've rounded up 10 hot new bars for summer 2016, from rooftop patios to adorable dives.
3. New nonstop flight connects Austin to top international travel destination. It's the travel news we've been waiting for. On Tuesday, Mexico's leading airline announced nonstop service between Austin-Bergstrom International Airport and Mexico City.
4. Popular Austin Paleo restaurant branches out on Burnet Road. Paleo-friendly Picnik opened the doors to a new location in a booming part of town. The Burnet Road spot will serves the fresh fare that the South Lamar food truck is known for, in a new brick-and-mortar space.
5. Where to eat in Austin: Five hot new happy hours at top restaurants. We have the scoop on some new happy hour alternatives to stay cool with good food and drinks all over Austin.