Top Texans and Austin Stylemakers dominate our most popular stories
Editor's note: Texas trailblazers and trendy Austin Stylemakers lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. Meet the winners in the first-ever Top Texans Under 30. For the first time, CultureMap celebrates twentysomething trailblazers in the Top Texans Under 30. We solicited nominations from the public, narrowed down the finalists, and put those impressive young professionals in front of a panel of expert judges. The result? This list of 26 dynamic Texans, who impress with their innovation, dedication, and leadership, regardless of industry or cause.
2. Here's your first taste of three new restaurants opening soon in Austin. For every Austin restaurant closure, a new concept is waiting in the wings. Here are three concepts coming soon to the local dining scene, two of which are swooping into high-profile spaces.
3. Popular downtown Austin restaurant and bar quietly closes after 18 years. A longtime downtown Austin restaurant has closed its doors for good. Malaga Tapas & Bar held its final service Labor Day weekend.
4. Austin's hottest new fitness studios for a killer workout. Austin is known as one of the fittest cities in Texas (and the country), so there's never a shortage of new fitness studios to try in town. We've rounded up some of the newest, most promising studios you should check out.
5. Who's the most stylish person in Austin? Vote for your favorite now. This fall, CultureMap celebrates Austin's most fashionable men and women in our second annual Stylemaker Awards. Meet the 12 Stylemaker semifinalists, then vote once a day, every day, for your favorite trendsetter through September 23.