Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. Here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Austin luxury hotel checks in as Texas’ top property in new Conde Nast Traveler awards. And it’s in good company; four other local hotels make the list.
2. Our picks for the best festival fashion spotted at ACL Fest weekend one. As always, anything goes in Austin. Here are the best looks from ACL Fest’s epic return.
3. Willie Nelson’s family works with APA! to rescue dogs belonging to Austin music legend. The pups are up for adoption now.
4. El Arroyo ex-owner returns to Austin to open mile-high burger joint in Far West neighborhood. The former location of an El Arroyo will soon be home to a fancy new burger joint from a familiar name.
5. Elon Musk and 6 other Austinites cash in on Forbes list of richest Americans. It’s been a big week for Elon Musk, including this nod on the Forbes 400.