New documentary explores Austin and San Antonio as an emerging mega-metro, plus more top stories
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From growing populations to chances to wear a bikini, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. New documentary explores Austin and San Antonio as an emerging mega-metro. The two cities represent a huge — literally and figuratively — economic and cultural opportunity.
2. Austin is the 7th biggest boomtown in America, according to new study. Things in Austin seem to be slowing down, but it's still outpacing almost anywhere else.
3. Cherished Hill Country swimming hole reopens for swimming after temporary closure. Hamilton Pool was closed for a while, as swimmers waited out a bacterial surge.
4. Former Love Island USA contestant shares what it takes to land a spot on the series at Austin pop up. You just have to be hot, funny, a little delusional, etc. Let us know how it goes!
5. Magnetic Texas pulls in ranking as No. 2 state for wealthy new residents. You know, like people who might do well on Love Island.