3 Austin spas are among the best resorts in the country, plus more top stories
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From ways to lower your stress to ways to raise your blood sugar, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. 3 Austin spas are among the best resorts in the country, according to Condé Nast readers. Lake Austin Spa Resort, Miraval Austin Resort & Spa, and Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa all entered the top 10 in their respective categories.
2. 'Top Chef' contestant and Tiny Grocer hero open new restaurant in Hyde Park after long wait. This week the old Hyde Park post office welcomed French bistro Bureau de Poste and the second location of the extremely popular Tiny Grocer.
3. Iconic Mexican restaurant hatches new West Austin spot for more grilled goodies. Patrons can expect Fresca’s signature al fresco ambiance and expansive menu of grilled dishes at this Loop 360 eatery.
4. Austin's Creek Show brightens with free concert series and nightly events. Highlights on the musical side of the schedule include concerts by two Austin-based groups: the Latin-flavored Como Las Movies and power duo TheBrosFresh.
5. Tasteful Austin ice cream shop starts crowdfunding to scoop up new cities. Lick Honest Ice Creams has launched a campaign that will allow onlookers a chance to support the business with small investments of $100 or more.