Texas-based nonprofit Children at Risk has released its 2014 school rankings for the greater Austin area. The report, states the organization's website, is created to "serve as an accessible guide for parents, educators, and community members on the performance of local schools and to spark important community dialogue on the quality of public education in Texas."
The top 10 high school, middle school and elementary schools are as follows.
Top 10 high schools:
2. Lake Travis Middle School
3. James Garland Walsh Middle School
4. Four Points Middle School
5. Gorzycki Middle School
7. Cedar Valley Middle School
8. West Ridge Middle School
9. Hill Country Middle School
10. Kealing Middle School
Top 10 elementary schools:
1. Texas Preparatory School
2. Canyon Creek Elementary School
3. Laurel Mountain Elementary School
4. Spicewood Elementary School
5. Lakeway Elementary School
6. Elsa England Elementary School
7. Clayton Elementary School
8. Casis Elementary School
9. Hill Elementary School
10. Patsy Sommer Elementary School
To view the full 2014 greater Austin area rankings, visit the Children at Risk website.